My hubby and I met in 8th grade and became inseparable. We grew up in the same small town. We went to the same college. We lived together in college. We moved in together after college in “the city”. But that life wasn’t for us. So we moved back to our small town where my family lives (with my father-in-law a stones throw away).
This means that we see family constantly. It’s like an episode of “Everybody Loves Raymond” every week. When it comes to fur kid playdates, Saturday yard work and Sunday TV binges we always have my wonderful father-in-law. When it comes to random double dates, after work drinks and Sunday brunches & dinners we have my amazing parents!
We are at the point that my mom will text the hubby when she finds new food combos, they buy sesame seeds together in bulk off Amazon (then text each other hummus recipes) and we plan double dates to new restaurants in the city.
So of course we get together on the weekend to cook together! This is an Everybody Loves Logan Sunday filled with all day smokin’, good ole comfort food and my momma’s surprise side dish! We wouldn’t trade days like this for anything else in the world!
FROM THE CHEF:
Beef, Coleslaw, Mac n Cheese, Grilled Lettuce
1 2-3 lb beef roast
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Worchester sauce
1 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
- Combine the mustard, worchester sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Generously rub the roast with salt and pepper and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Rub the sauce mixture over the roast and allow it so sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Smoke the roast at around 200 to 220 degrees for 6-8 hours.
Mac n Cheese
1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
1 1 (8 ounce) package extra sharp Cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
3-4 Tbsp butter
- Heat a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and boil until it is tender, leaving them a little al dente. Drain the water.
- Add the milk, butter, and cheese. Heat to combine and stir until the cheese has melted and the macaroni is evenly coated.
1/4 head of green cabbage shredded
1/4 head of red cabbage shredded
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp celery seed
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the cabbage and carrots in a bowl.
- Mix the mayo, celery seed, apple cider vinegar. Mix the veggies with the dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grilled Lettuce: A Gigi Recipe (aka Olivia’s Momma)
- Cut the Romaine head in half (From The Blogger: My mom made sure to note after washing & drying because I always forget that part. Hence why I don’t cook so keep your Judgey McJudgerson to yourself).
- Brush it with wild mushroom flavored oil
- Grill until there are grill marks then remove & keep warm
- Top with salt and a balsamic reduction drizzle